15 April 2013

#23


dont call it a comeback
         call it
                camelmouth
       water it lips cracked dry from long time
        a long ass time
            of being a miss
       does the river even ocean
          owe me my own sweat
     fill the pore w/ air
 pour breathing over my back skin
        i am pale
       i'm pale
impala
 sprinthoof a gallop thud my gazelle through
  the savanna reedy names the dust
     cloud over always waterless sea
        me skipper a joke to wind
           leaving isn't always
              going away to
                 be thirsty
i am jus'
 playing w/ my own mouth
    stick fingers down throat
        to feel the stone grind
             cud or what sweetgrass is found
             here in the worst world
             the aerth my parents
           touched w/ their bodies too
            me so new as first rain
             in months that are counted
             by frost???
  what loses to shedding or shavers lament
          for the hiding we carry in mane
         to coastal hip
        i tuck my tongue between button
         knot of trunk the tree is to blame
      for blemish or renew of what left
         me or you
or the rest of humanity
       it scares nothing from my blindness
           to see the colors
           of things

No comments: