10 April 2013

TEACH ME HOW TO DRIVE A STICK



to find water w/
to get through wyoming
to be better
to be a better human being
to be washed hair
to stand next to you while you wash yr hair
to kiss the top of yr head
to wish i didn't have to go
to go
to wake up & answer the phone
to tell you to call again
to wake me up again
to keep waking me up
to be on top of my chest
to write more poems more poems more poems
to be a poet for you
to never
to ever be animal
to be stuffed & held &
to tell you every second
to listen to  yr quiet phone talk
to sleep w/ our ears touch
to stretch my legs to walk faster
to run into tunnel
to lose all this fatty before
to shave the dull off my razr
to clean the sad off my mirror
to lick yr face
to small in yr arms
to child to man to look at me grow
to tree & shade & climb me
to talk to me
to keep me from all this poetry
to be all this poetry
to poem me
to write a poem for me
to read all of me
to see through my talk
to listen to my huff puff
to be house be blown away
to hold my hand at the bar
to hold my hand down a waterfall
to hold my hand in the mountains
to hold my hand in nebraska

No comments: