15 May 2013

GRAPES




i am eating grapes
nearly a whole bag of grapes
idk if bags of grapes are a universal weight
my grandparents on my fathers side
had grape vines in their backyard
this was money
we lived in the trailer across the alley
in a huge empty lot
in monroe
there was an abandoned house
across the lot
i learned to ride a bike
in front of the abandoned house
i was always terrified of the house
it had a huge mulberry bush
that we would steal from
i always thought the white ones
were poisonous
we would carry handfulls of the ripe berries
in our shirts to stain them
i think i was usually happy then
i have this memory of wandering off
to the football field
and standing on a wooden fence
then this wasp
landed on my arm
i froze there for what seemed hours
but probably wasn't
time didn't mean anything to me then
and means less to me now
there is just an existing
and a waste

No comments: