24 November 2012

MANHATTAN

lets play adults
put your hands in the gaps
where my limbs are stretched from the whole
i am broken
again
or in new places
the difference between aging & pain
or embarrassed for my fall apart
i am a smokey forest
shortly after the thunderstorm
there is nowhere to hide from rain
when the sky is clear
but i am still slow burn
put me out
i dare a godless space
from nothing to all this
& back again
on the mountain was safe as anything
before i told you what it meant
to climb outside of me
the wants of good fortune
your hand under my rib
my shaky brain cant undo the day
the sun burns on w/o me
stomped under time
i am late for my perfect life
she moves at a distance
that i cannot see or taste or hear
but behind me are only shadows
reaching for my eyes & tongue & skin
i give them what i can spare
but i am running out of me
i am a shadow
walking endlessly to another morning
she will be there i say 
& is not
so i keep floating on this ocean
looking up at infinity

No comments: