20 March 2013

RIDE WIT ME

take my hand & put it in yr pocket
it is so nice to be here w/ you
the sun is always shining somewhere
i say when it's dark
catch my mane as it feathers to the ground
i am shedding years of winter
spinning pine needle beard nested
yr neck around my neck
is what i would like to say i say
i am bathing for you on the rooftop
w/ my mind wording the moon closer
it would take a massive wave
to take me off my course of surfing
i am highly
& i am moon reflecting
more than a face pummeled by space boulders
drugged & drug across the sidewalk
on jaw & nerves
don't forget to say hello to my nerves
numb pinch of celebration sparklers
touching me in the sleet storm
as i run away from fears in the forest
i would dive into lightning sand
to save you if that every came up
in the future as you ask for my hand
bc it's cold & i don't give a care
abt weather but would talk wind
to you abt any standstill right now
is a song in my mind as i never sleep
dreamed w/ my eyes abt every
molecule of air that passes through
lungs & back through the air
& trees take poison from yr mouth
& turn it into something good for me
or anyone to use & give back
i mean the whole life ahead of me
is an ocean & i have barely left
the beach because i am so scared
of sharks who still have their teeth
& salt water is in my eyes & mouth
& i can still feel the sun burning my
skin & waves hit me over & over
in my mind i am playing this story
of who i am or some idea of a person
i seem to be based on every wave
that has ever slapped me around
she too a roaming buzz
up from my knees to my chest & rattling
heaved sky always on top of our heads
touch me
at once we are going the same way
from earth we know & far off
my eyes can't even see despite health
but i am there any time you ask
paint my morning face on lunar smiling
& surround it w/ 100 feet of bomb proof glass
or 100,000 feet of bomb proof glass
or 100,000,000 million feet of bomb proof glass
i need lightyears of dancing blackness
to hide my glow from you
my name is sinking in depths of crushing
i am a wave too
slowly going the way of my quickness

No comments: