19 October 2012




i am drinking water
but this is not a poem about water
wait
now the water is gone
there is no water
& i drank all of the poem
before i could even
be
on top of the mountain
or no mountain is easy
when the ground is just tall
& the size of anything
is meaningless














the water is going
over a border of me to no me
& water is me or i am not made
there is no inside of me just unmapped
feel the grooves in the tongue on me
swim in the lakes of my body
my body
knows
not
the water stays
& rises
& combines w/ me in me
small clouds
& rain
& rivers
all of this












what is blue is blue is not blue or my eyes
because only i ocean
or only i wash
these things that create a world
& are made to flood
or the air is drinking
the dry earth calls out
to my wetness
i mean a sea that surrounds me
i mean who can save you
from drowning
if you are
drowning







what did i do
for the all nothing
to wish me a definite
wave
after
wave
the endless everything
my wax
my form
willing to use up
what is already gone








i am thirsty
i can see nothing
or my eyes are watching my eyes
are not seeing
or every drip
i am taking
from one ocean
to put into another ocean
it is moving
or it is still
& it is still

No comments: