13 July 2012

WALKING TO WORK BY THE GOVERNORS MANSION

wiping my cheeks with the long hair i thought about shaving
this morning. i think what if i looked a little better.
what if my parents weren't poor and i didn't knock
all my teeth out one summer. and what if i didn't have
some mental problem. i don't know if i do. it just makes
sense. like my dad wanting to kill himself. i guess. whats the
water i have been drinking. what am i thinking.

i want to stand in front of a sprinkler
one around the governors mansion

the news announced that people should conserve water
but his lawn is so damn beautiful. every morning
i walk by and see several men taking care of this
fucking beautiful green lawn.

i want to sit casually, leaned back, in a large comfy chair
talking to my banker about my investments.

i want a boat house.

i want all crimes to be punished by
desert island like leave them all there
like they all become cannibals

fine and young and i wonder what a vegan
tastes like
i wonder how many crimes are committed
by vegans

i wonder what me as a cannibal would
be like if i would still write poems

scrawled on the backs of my last meal.

No comments: