09 July 2012

FEELING AWKWARD OUTSIDE MY APT. AFTER WALKING HOME FROM THE MOVIES


i'm not not empty
i'm glad you're not mad i tried to kiss you
i'm not full of slime
my blood is just a normal human blood
i have no idea what type i am
i type i am
i have consumed three hundred and seventy calories today
i am getting used to hunger
i am getting used to wither
i am getting used to shrink
i am getting used to my eyes exploding when i see you
i am getting used to less sun
i am getting used to less sleep
i am getting used to over a thousand miles
i am getting used to ocean
i am getting used to long hair
i am getting used to don't care
i am getting used to not being a Buddhist
i am getting used to loneliness
i am getting used to no fast food
i am getting used to stupidity
i am getting used to loneliness
i am getting used to driving too fast
i am getting used to paying my bills
i am getting used to loneliness
i am getting used to poetry
i am getting used to Barack Obama
i am getting used to the end of heroes
i am getting used to loneliness
i am getting used to coming up short
i am getting used to having a lawyer
i am getting used to your slime
i am getting used to texting you nice things
i am getting used to nothing in return
i am getting used to bullshit
i am getting used to loneliness
i am getting used to 3D movies
i am getting used to wanting to write short stories again
i am getting used to not talking on long drives
i am getting used to fighting
i am getting used to sober
i am getting used to cancer
i am getting used to bald
i am getting used to teeth
i am getting used to the beach
i am getting used to not showering
i am getting used to loneliness
i am getting used to wearing button ups
i am getting used to Ludacris
i am getting used to saying stupid shit
i am getting used to not talking to my dad
i am getting used to everyone getting tired of me
i am getting used to water
i am getting used to sinking
i am getting used to feeling empty
when i am not empty
i am not a slime box
i am not bones and a soul
i am not a man or a boy or a son or a god
i am not god
i am not god
i am not god
teach me how to survive i guess
teach me how to be lonely
teach me how to be more zen
teach me how to speak french
teach me how to not kiss you
teach me how to be not not empty
my body is buzzing
its like
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
i am sober
i am a little bit high
i am tired
of the way you are beautiful
the way time runs out
the way i write poetry
the way i read nothing
the way i am nothing
the way my worthless body feels in an ocean
so weak
i am so god damn weak
i cry at my job sometimes
i feel pretty stupid about that
you said it was sweet
but i dunno
what that means

No comments: