25 August 2011

KID ROCK

i have half a mouth
half a chest brain
and all chest brain
always bleeding
as nothing
the value of suffering
just numbers added
just times tables my dad
made me learn
that a father can be weightless
even laying fat as the earth
or the moon on it's side
or the side of my face
that faces away
from everyone
i am afraid
i am a dying thing
i am a thing
i thing
wanting to be drugged
wanting to be wanted
just watch me
watch the end of my story
listen to me read a poem
about jack spicer
saying
i give a damn
or a dam just stops things
my mind
runs faster than a fat mind
my mind
runs the river through
my mind says
write it
and she tells me nope
and tupac tells me to stick my chest out
tupac tells me
death is not the worst thing
or even is a thing
or even is is
kissing word is
love is
never hating anyone
never moving your mouth
never not nothing
breathing
chest out and chest in
broken ribs
are just an excuse
broken face is just a hiding
broken family is just a
broken dam
broken heart is giving up
so i am smiles
so i am a friend
so i am justin ryan fyfe
so i am this many years
and this many years
and this many whole parts
this whole life ahead of me
call you
to say hi
to say of what i say i say
the honest line
or just a mapped out
toldjaso
i am not trying
to save you
i am
not rhyming
i am
not whisper or promising anything
i am not a perfect jump shot
but i
swoosh

No comments: