14 June 2012

WALKING ON GRASS


my neck breaks a look back
darting eyes with messed mascara
or we stand in rain
for too long w/ garbage bags over us

i like my feet though
the way they pad
fast i am thinking or slow i go
you paint me stupid

like i am a sweaty sun
a lying demi-god
fence jumping green grass
chaser of mile long antlers

look you just made a poem
out of me out of my eyelids
pried open because i can't
get enough of you makes me
a fool i guess

and i learned my lesson maybe
i'm old but this business is still
new to me and maybe lady
i will learn to stay away from

someone so sure they know
how to get whatever they want

4 comments:

justin ryan fyfe said...

hmm not sure why its yellow

Anonymous said...

it's yellow because you made it yellow.

justin ryan fyfe said...

well i realize it was my doing. i couldnt figure out how i did it though and why i couldnt take it off without copying and pasting and redoing all the line breaks which was way too much work.

Anonymous said...

even in yellow it still reads nice.