10 January 2012

drinking cocktails in a skyscraper

being 96 floors alive
taller than god's god's god's god
you know you aren't this answer machine
or this fuck machine
and say things about your body
like its a box or a cage or the cell for some human
about to die
or when nick cage dies
or i can't get enough of nick cage
or these old ladies get mad
because you don't let them fall first
rip king kong
rip dirt boat
or your body nest holds
twigs and sticks to hit things with
like my hands soft piano hammers
digging through dirt to find more dirt
you laugh like an exotic bird
i can understand why someone would hate dogs
or say they hate dogs
there is a type of brain in me
or my chestthroat seems to bypass my lungs
does the street
look this choked
when i am drunk and stumbling from sunnyside and damen
all the way down to bucktown
hoping to pocket my skull
watch the dull light around my face
drift with each eye dropper
of this green shit i am drinking
if you called me right now
i would say i love you maybe
a million times

No comments: