29 January 2014

a meditation

it is 2 past noon
a cat on my lap
nearly 30 lbs
i should know i feed it
drinking coffee from the back of the mug
near the handle
i think that i prefer it this way
lick drips sliding down the outsides
i miss the rain
read the last page of a book before i read the first
except w ones i intend to be surprised by
or am i
a fisherman
black     what was it, the noise?
purring kitty in my lap
sleeping girlfriend 
4 past noon
know its cold outside
wonder how cold is it?
cold 
lick the drips wipe my mustache
or who
where can a question be
when we wish to remove our own face
say "I HAVE A SWORD AND IT IS NOT MINE BUT I HAVE IT
UNSHEATHED IN THE CORNER OF THE DINING ROOM"
my grandfather died
and when i say my grandfather i mean the one i spoke to
not the one who had his legs removed
i don't know
who he is
and dead and made my father cry
i don't speak to 
him
the cat is purring and i pay much attention to its head
keeping it propped up w my right arm as  type a poem
my lower left back is hurting 
drink coffee
listen to cars drive by


No comments: