04 September 2009

pale horse

when i want him he will come
to my door,
my eye.
i will look at him with all of my hands, holy
to trust.
never forget
the face of a complete stranger
when his sword strikes me down
& burns within me.
when there is nothing left but his love,
or hell below.

-------------------------------

hubris


the sun does not shine for lowly me
the moon is but a mirror for thee
raising tides along a darkened sea
tricking all to think there may be three

-------------------------------

no hibernate

wind doesn’t even move
so swift
when moisture becomes wicked

it hangs thick on branches
or on the roof top shingles of homes

& at night everything lights up.

you close your eyes,
take graying images in freeze frame
while molecules of empty noise expand.

a shiver moves past you from somewhere off
while you think about sleeping,
tired from several months of digging
with your numb hands.

No comments: