01 June 2009

i am nearly 100% moved in to my new apt/house/room/thing. sure its a house but it feels more like im renting a room. because thats basically what i am doing. thats what ellen is doing too, but shes paying roughly 2-300 more a month to be close to horses and mountains. i guess i would pay more to be near horses and mountains too. lincoln needs some mountains. anyway, my room doesnt have screens on the windows. this isnt a huge issue, though i dislike bugs to be sure, its mostly a problem because chaplain is constantly in escape/adventure mode even if it is a 2nd story window. my calf on my left leg is in considerable pain after the moving this weekend. i also hit my/ scratch that its my right calf/ anyway i also hit my left index finger with a hammer and it still hurts though it hasnt bruised. apostrophes. i often worry about my ability to spell words correctly. i think generally i am a fairly learned speller of words but i often think of words that i have heard and never/rarely seen and think i know how to spell them. sometimes i think this isnt a big deal but sometimes i feel insecure about it. my grammar is also shoddy at best. i think. though i may know more than i actually think i know, i know. its all tangents and cosines. commas. & i still think capital letters are ugly. the lowercase i is much more (something) than the I. anyway this was supposed to be about my new place. since i dont really get the internet and all i wanted to say a few things. i am living in a house on 11th and D. 1121 D st i believe. it is a very old woody dusty house. i dont think the gas is on. i tried to turn on the stove today to see and i couldnt figure it out because the stove seems to have been made in 1915. rough guess. i had to remove several things from my new room before i could officially feel as if it were mine. namely seven pairs of womens high heel'd shoes. also a shoe box full of crayons and a separate shoe box full of postcards/letters to someone who previously lived in my room from a girl i had a class with one time. they may or may not both previously been in the band papers. i think my current roommate was in the band papers. eric says he thinks so.

No comments: