31 July 2011

cigarettes

i cant clean myself the way you clean yourself
i cant ride the fair rides like you obviously want to

i will throw up down my body
or shit my diapers

i wont do heroin
no matter how many times i mess my pants

i cant feel anything
my heavy arms are dragging on the earth

i hugged paul the first time i met him
but now he just sits in his room being a babe

i gamble every day by livin'
but i guess the odds are stacked after all this stacking

my arms piled on my arms
knuckles mapped out to knuckle gaps

my clean skin covers the filth
my monster face facing the face things you have

or i say im sad all the time
or i say im in some sort of love line

my chest is a brain cage
i like to walk for infinity walking

say things like anything
or act like money is no object

but everything has a limit
even the number of hugs you can take

the number of times i will say do what you want
and it hapens to be what i was hoping you'd do

or it happens that you can actually put up with my hiding
in words and nothing and words that are nothing

what im saying is
what im saying is

No comments: